![]() |
| Beoplay H8 |
This is a painting/drawing of my Bang & Olufsen wireless headphones
(leather and anodized aluminum) and a Brenthaven macbook air case (leather and wool).
I have very strong feelings about the music I listen to, and how I listen to it.
Over the last few years, I've saved up for and invested in this pair of headphones that
make my music experience as rich and fulfilling as possible within my means.
(leather and anodized aluminum) and a Brenthaven macbook air case (leather and wool).
I have very strong feelings about the music I listen to, and how I listen to it.
Over the last few years, I've saved up for and invested in this pair of headphones that
make my music experience as rich and fulfilling as possible within my means.
Goal: During our last evaluation, I received two key recommendations.
One, that I do something in watercolor pencil, and secondly, that I outline my watercolor
work with pen to make it pop.
One, that I do something in watercolor pencil, and secondly, that I outline my watercolor
work with pen to make it pop.
Process: While listening to Mos Def & Talib Kweli's album Blackstar, I did my initial sketches
in pencil using a Staedtler Mars Lumograph H on watercolor paper.
I then laid color down using Prismacolor watercolor pencils (within the inner circle),
cut the circle out and placed it on a sheet of standard white drawing paper.
I then created the outside circles using traditional Prang watercolor paints.
in pencil using a Staedtler Mars Lumograph H on watercolor paper.
I then laid color down using Prismacolor watercolor pencils (within the inner circle),
cut the circle out and placed it on a sheet of standard white drawing paper.
I then created the outside circles using traditional Prang watercolor paints.
Feedback: I was given the feedback by a few of my classmates that the image resembled religious
imagery, ie stained glass window. Prof. Saunders recommended strengthening several lines
while looking at my unfinished work, which I did. One of my friends wore the H8's while observing
the painting and commented that the color scheme really captured the soundscape of the
headphones, bright and rich.
imagery, ie stained glass window. Prof. Saunders recommended strengthening several lines
while looking at my unfinished work, which I did. One of my friends wore the H8's while observing
the painting and commented that the color scheme really captured the soundscape of the
headphones, bright and rich.
Moving forward, I plan to create a piece that carries the stained glass look forward,
utilizing a musical theme.
utilizing a musical theme.

No comments:
Post a Comment